A while ago I did a post on being inspired to make a bowling bag and one of my "June Goals" was to make a prototype. Earlier this week I made a pattern and a muslin mock up. Then a fabric sample, and a few days ago, made another.
The original sketch, and pattern & the first fabric mock up.
And the newest version:
I love the size of this bag, and am really proud that I put in a functioning zipper. I think I'm going to make a few more samples, just to make sure I get the pattern right (I might make the sides bigger). I'm also thinking about doing a mini bowling bag, but don't know if that's a little "old" (Dooney & Burke via 2000's). More designing to do!