I have an internal goal for myself to make a new garment each week. This isn't a goal I planned or really declared out loud, just a little thought in the back of my mind. Last week I made the raglan top and the week before I finished my anorak. This week I made a quick t-shirt.
Again, I had some fabric from Girl Charlee to play with and a t-shirt has been on my "make" list for a while. I took my basic bodice pattern and the top pattern from this book to make a separated yoke. I first made a petal sleeve but that did NOT work out. After that failure I made a roll up sleeve and loved the way it looked.
Now that I'm making more of my own patterns I really need to keep a checklist by my sewing machine to remind me of simple things like, adding a seam allowance. This shirt came out a little tighter than I wanted but it still fits and it's super comfortable.
I tried so hard to make the seams line up and think it worked pretty well.
I have already planned what next weeks garment will be! Thankfully this one doesn't require me to make a pattern…